NEW 2021 TOUR: Spirit of the South: Alabama & Georgia
Nov 20, 2019
SPIRIT OF THE SOUTH: ALABAMA & GEORGIA – Travel with us October 11-18, 2021...this 8-day/7-night tour includes all accommodations and deluxe motorcoach transportation en route, 14 meals, admission to all attractions, professional tour director and more!
BOOK NOW or learn more at www.countrytraveldiscoveries.com/GAL.
Delight in the best of Western Georgia and Southern Alabama as we steep ourselves in southern culture. Following the civil rights trail as a guide, we’ll see amazing natural spectacles and visit attractions of historical importance. Our journeys take us from Atlanta, GA down to Gulf Shores, AL for a relaxing two-night stay on the Gulf of Mexico’s white sugar-sand beaches.
On the way we meet the friendly locals, including quilt-makers and more to appreciate the charming people of this unique region. We also visit
well-known attractions such as the home of Jimmy Carter, the USS Alabama battleship and Callaway Gardens. You’ll experience true southern hospitality
as we wind our way through the Heart of Dixie in Georgia and Alabama.
Here's some of the highlights and inclusions:
- Learn the history of the civil rights movement in and around Montgomery, Birmingham, Selma and more
- Two night stay in Gulf State Park with gulf view room
- Lunch and tour at the beautiful Callaway Gardens
- Walk in Jimmy Carter’s footsteps in Plains, GA
- Meet Gee’s Bend Quilt makers
- Tour the USS Alabama warship
- Go inside a storybook castle in charming Fairhope
- Spot wildlife on a scenic Nature Cruise near Gulf Shores
- Explore Providence Canyon known as ‘Georgia’s Little Grand Canyon’
- Free Airport shuttle and hotel parking
- Bag handling (1 per person) at hotels
- Fees/tips for included attractions and meals
- Welcome reception, 24-hour emergency call service, free bottled water on coach
Double occupancy pricing is $1,927 per person; single occupancy pricing is $2,415 per person.
Call 855-744-TRIP (8747) for more information on how you can save through our Travel More, Save More offer.