Experience the Thrill of Frontier Life in the Lone Star State
7 Days • 6 Nights • 11 Meals
Feb 24-Mar 2 | Apr 14-20 Sold Out | Oct 8-14
Depart/Return: San Antonio, TX
Price Per Person: Double: $1,427; Single: $1,755
Pre/Post-Tour Hotel: $148/night
About the Tour
Howdy! Pack your cowboy boots for an exciting vacation bursting with Texas flavor, frontier adventure, and Southwest art. Visit five Texas ranches, including the gigantic King Ranch, the LBJ Ranch where our 36th President was born and is buried, and the Y.O. Ranch. Walk in the footsteps of Davy Crockett, Jim Bowie and other immortal frontiersmen. Settle in for 3 nights at our well-appointed hotel with rooftop pool on the banks of the San Antonio River, perfectly situated for exploring the city’s famed River Walk. Stroll among the tropical walkways, gourmet restaurants and rare boutique shops, and hop aboard a water taxi for easy transport and unique views throughout the city.
Head up into hill country to stay at an authentic Mayan Dude Ranch in Bandera, the Cowboy Capital of the World! Enjoy Texas-style entertainment, a world-class dinner and the down-home hospitality of the ranch’s owners, the Hicks Family. Come morning, a cowboy-style breakfast cookout is the thing to fortify you for an easygoing horseback ride in the hills or a stroll by the Medina River.
Together, it’s a wonderful experience of the West, Old and New, that you’ll remember for years to come.
|2013 Catalog Page (PDF)|
- Tour San Antonio’s historic landmarks including the Mission San Jose (below right), known as the “Queen of the Missions”
- Walk in the footsteps of Davy Crockett, Jim Bowie and other frontiersmen at the legendary Alamo
- Delight at the elaborate, faux-finished interior hiding beneath the deceptively simple wooden facade of one of the famous Painted Churches of Texas
- Overnight on the Gulf of Mexico at the Best Western Marina Grand, overlooking the sparkling waters of Corpus Christi Bay
- Explore the cattle ranch where Lyndon B. Johnson was born and is buried, including a ranger-guided tour of the “Texas White House” (below left)
- Military history buffs will love the National Museum of the Pacific War, visiting the legendary aircraft carrier USS Lexington, and piloting a jet fighter flight simulator
- Sample the deliciously sweet apples produced by the rare, six-foot-tall dwarf trees of Love Creek Orchards, pioneers of Texas apple industry
high 72°/low 50° (February, March)
high 82°/low 60° (April, October)
Time Zone Central
Arrival Time Schedule to arrive at our starting hotel by 5:00 p.m. on Day 1.
Departure Time Schedule your flight home to depart after 2:00 p.m. on Day 7.
Airport-Hotel Shuttle Starting hotel offers a 24-hour complimentary airport shuttle and local transfers within 2 miles.
Vehicle Parking Free parking is available during the tour at our starting hotel.
Walking Distance Moderate walking is required to fully enjoy this tour. Horse-back riding at Dude Ranch is optional.
Currency US Dollar
Hotel Amenities Include Hair dryers, irons, ironing boards, & coffee makers throughout tour. Guest laundry on Days 1 through 5. Exercise room and swimming pool available at most hotels.
Additional Information Make flight arrangements in and out of San Antonio International Airport for complimentary airport shuttle.
Further information is mailed upon receipt of your reservation. A total of three mailings are sent to assist you in preparing for your tour…Get Ready, Get Set and Go! Our “Get Ready” packet is sent confirming your reservation. Our “Get Set” packet provides further information approximately 90 days prior to departure with important details regarding making your travel arrangements. Finally, our “Go” packet arrives 2-3 weeks before departure containing your final documents.
Images on this page (from top): San Antonio River Walk (San Antonio Riverwalk: dreamtime.com/Asterixvs); cattle from LBJ Ranch (NPS); Mission San Jose (Elizabeth Dupree); Lyndon B. Johnson Ranch/Texas White House Office (NPS); Mayan Dude Ranch